Thursday, May 3, 2012

Bono, Boats, Bay and a Braggy Blog

I don't have a lot of time to blog right now- gotta run to aerobics (I mean sexual harassment/ emotional abuse class- another story). But I have mini brag about my life forthcoming: I found the most magical study spot on the planet.


Yep, starbucks. It's right on Dublin bay and overlooks the ocean. So as I type up and edit my thesis, and eat some delicious pastries, I get to look out at sailboats, barges, and sometimes cruise ships as they come and go. Since the college is right across from the Starbucks, there are mostly students here, also studying. Perfect atmosphere- not too loud, not to quiet, and lots of friendly faces! I'm definitely starting to recognize the regulars, and I made a Jamaican friend the other day. He gave me the rest of his poppy seed muffin. Across the bay is Howth, a gorgeous peninsula (I posted some pics of it earlier). Gotta tell you, it is BEAUTIFUL! Today there were probably over a hundred sailboats...so cool. Also, pretty awesome to watch this video while overlooking where it was filmed- not to mention Bono lives in Howth.
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHcP4MWABGY


Yep, that's my view. Best part- I live super close- ten minute bus ride, about a twenty min walk, you just follow the coast right on up. Love love love it here!

Oh, highlight of last week- I accidentally washed my clothes with a packet of mexican seasoning and dehydrated onion packets (Tesco doesn't do plastic- and I keep forgetting to bring grocery bags so I just stuff my purchases into my pockets. Guess I forgot to check all pockets...) So everything I own now smells strongly like fajitas. Which is surprisingly pleasant, and leaves me constantly salivating (that's not so pleasant).

1 comment:

  1. what a fun place to study with a beautiful view!!!
    As much as I like Mexican food, I hope your clothes are aired out before you get home.
    Love you lots and see you soon! Ma

    ReplyDelete