Friday, February 24, 2012

Hi peeps. So not a whole ton has happened since I blogged last- pretty much daily life. I got massively lost in Dublin the other day, so here are some pictures from that great adventure.

Sweet church



 Biggest used bookshop I've ever been to. Heavenly.

Mini middle east. Felt extremely female and extremely Caucasian when I walked down this street. And sort of unwelcome...



 We went to a prison (me, Giampaolo- my phone calls him Guampoalo so I still don't know the proper spelling of his name, Tim- known as Trim on my phone, and his friend Phillip who was visiting to Germany. Credit goes to Phillip for the pics due to my aversion of picture taking and lack of camera.) The prison was AWESOME. On the right is what I would call "gen pop" - if you watch Prison Break, this is where majority of prisoners are held. Unless you are Michael Scofield, in which case, no prison can hold you. On the right is where they would hang people on death row. Below is where they would shoot people. Too bad these folks didn't have a good DA- like Alex from Law and Order SVU, or Elliot Stabler to investigate their crimes. Or Michael Scofield to break them out of jail. Or that guy from the Count of Monte Cristo to tunnel them out with a spoon.





 The weirdos in the flesh. They put up with all my prison jokes so they're pretty cool.




 A few days ago I went to Dublin Bay (a ten minute walk from where I live). Really pretty, and actually a warm day, so naturally I wore my chacos. It's been a long winter without them.


 Me trying to be photogenic and failing. I still have pink in my hair. Don't ask how it's still there.
 

4 comments:

  1. Which one of the boys is guampaola, no wait, jean paulo, wait grampuplo, it's not just your phone that can't spell his name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope you don't ever end up in prison, because I think you would try and fail to escape, and then a really crappy DA would fail to get you out early, and I'd ultimately have to hire Michael Scofield to rescue you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, Shamra, how many of those heavenly books did you buy?

    ReplyDelete